In many cases those suffering depression have a number of lifestyle factors that can be effectively targeted…
While there are many elements that may contribute to depression, in many cases those suffering from depression have a number of negative lifestyle factors. At Cedarvale, we aim to identify and replace these factors. This is done by increasing the consumption of certain foods and nutrients, encouraging regular exercise, offering music therapy (specific types of classical music), correcting any Circadian rhythm problems that may contribute to sleep disturbance, and improving your emotional intelligence quotient (see Stress Management).
Identifying the hits or causes that can contribute to depression is important, and addressing these will help most people with mild to moderate depression.
In many cases of depression, sub-optimal nutrition is a significant causative factor. At Cedarvale your diet will be enriched with superfoods, antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids, tryptophan, tyrosine, which are all nutrients known to boost neurotransmitter production.
Our doctor may also recommend specific nutrients that may help in the production of certain chemicals in the brain that assist with mood.
In many cases of depression, sub-optimal nutrition is a significant causative factor. At Cedarvale, your diet will be enriched with super-foods, antioxidants, Omega 3 fatty acids, tryptophan and tyrosine—all of which are nutrients known to boost neurotransmitter production.
Our experience has shown the benefits of hydrotherapy treatments not only provide relaxation but also elevate the level of mood.
We can also recommend some excellent resource materials, available to all guests who stay at Cedarvale.
Note: We do not accept people with severe depression or those who display suicidal behvaiour. If you fall into this category, please seek professional help.
Call us on 02 4465 1362 or message us today to see how we can help you with depression.
Recognising that many people have multiple health needs, the information provided on each link is a general guide as to how our program may help that particular condition, not necessarily all your health requirements. All your needs are taken into consideration in establishing a program for you.
A New Life in 3 Weeks: Depression, Diabetes, Weight and More
“Our doctor referred my wife and I to Cedarvale Health and Lifestyle Retreat to get help for my diabetes. The following is exactly what happened to me during my 19-night stay.
- Diabetes: has almost disappeared. I believe I will be able to control the diabetes by continuing with this lifestyle program.
- Blood Sugar: have gone from 74 units of insulin per day to nil and I’m sure I can continue without it altogether.
- Weight Reduced:From 97.5 kilograms to 88 kilograms in 19 days
- Hip Pain: three hot pack treatments saw me improve from practically no walking to walking eight kilometres per day.
- Gastro-intestinal: have polyps, diverticulitis and chronic irritable bowel syndrome which causes pain, flatulence and diarrhoea. Symptoms all have been markedly improved by the diet, exercise and hot pack treatments.
- Nasal Discharge: stopped completely.
- Urine Frequency: now much improved through drinking lots of water. Have cut out medication for this.
- Fungus Infection: improved by diet, losing weight and diabetes control.
- Arthritis: improved through diet and losing weight.
- Depression: so much improved, I went from depression to a new life in 3 weeks. In fact so well, I feel dangerous!”