Lifestyle Solutions to Meet Your Health Needs!
Cedarvale’s core philosophy is all about restoring health by following nature’s laws. Studies show that lifestyle changes can significantly reduce your risk factors and improve longevity. Combined with effective natural therapies, you can regain your health and a new lease on life. These lifestyle principles can be broken down into eight subheadings, which make up the acronym, “NEWSTART”: N Nutrition E Exercise W Water S Sunlight T Temperance A Air R Rest T Trust
For more information, please visit our NEWSTART philosophy page.
Cedarvale Offers You:
- A Healthy Lifestyle Experience At Cedarvale, you’ll have the chance to experience a new lifestyle; and you’ll also be equipped with the tools to take that lifestyle home with you, so you can have lasting health.
- Personalised Doctor Consults Your stay includes a consult with Dr Wood, which is covered by Medicare.
- Delicious Healthy Meals You’ll love our hearty plant-based meals, designed to give you maximum health and energy.
- Health Talks We hold health lectures on a variety of topics relating your needs throughout your stay.
- Cooking Demonstrations Our fabulous healthy recipes are no secret: we’ll teach you how to make them yourself AND give you the recipes!
- The Personal Touch Our home-like environment allows you to get to know staff and other guests, making you feel at home. We give you your own space, and also provide ample activities.
- Treatments at no extra cost The treatments we offer you are not only relaxing, but have a powerful therapeutic effect on your body. Therefore we include your treatments in your package at no extra cost. See our Programs page for how many you will receive.
Meet Our Resident Doctor!
Dr Paul Wood B.Med FRACGP
Dr Paul Wood has a special interest in helping our guests make lifestyle changes to improve their health and well-being. Guests appreciate the time and care he shows in addressing their individual health concerns and interests.
Areas of interest to Dr Wood also include diabetes, obesity, stress and cardiovascular disease that tend to respond well to lifestyle changes. Dr Wood has a wife, Theressa, and four boys, Joshua, Caleb, Daniel and Elijah.
A Day at Cedarvale Retreat
Daily Programs have been designed to offer a balance between scheduled activities and free time
Some activities vary from day to day. A typical daily program is outlined below.
- 6.30 a.m. – Early bird walks for the keen and eager (Non-guided)
- 7.00 – Wake-up call
- 7.30 – Thought for the Day
- 7.35 – Hearty BREAKFAST
- 8.30 – Guided walk according to fitness level
- 10.30 – Health talk or cooking class
- 12.00 – Exercise session (or occasional outings)
- 1.00 p.m. – Hearty LUNCH (Wed. is often a picnic day)
- 2.30 – Afternoon activities including treatments, consultations and health assessments, Use the indoor heated swimming pool/spa – private or group, Infrared sauna, rest or free time (a good time to take advantage of health education resources on offer)
- 6.30 – Light TEA
- 7.30 – A range of evening activities is provided. For example: practical home remedy or hydrotherapy demonstrations; insights on herbs or poultices, glow worm and nocturnal wildlife outing; take a self-spa bath; watch a video; board games; etc.
- 9.00 p.m. – Quiet time (Guests welcome to stay up and engage in quiet activities)